Study Session Summary of February 24, 2015 - Peery Park Specific Plan
Call to Order
Mayor Jim Griffith called the Study Session to order at 6:10 p.m.
City Councilmembers Present:
Mayor Jim Griffith
Vice Mayor Jim Davis
Councilmember David Whittum
Councilmember Tara Martin-Milius
Councilmember Glenn Hendricks
Councilmember Gustav Larsson
City Councilmembers Recused from Item:
Councilmember Pat Meyering
City Councilmembers Absent:
Planning Commissioners Present:
Commissioner Ralph Durham
Commissioner Sue Harrison
Commissioner Larry Klein
Commissioner Ken Rheaume
Planning Commissioners Absent:
John Cordes - SNAIL Neighborhood Association
Study Session Summary:
Director of Community Development, Hanson Hom, gave a presentation regarding project background, community participation, transportation demand management, conceptual plan framework and upcoming project milestones. Director of Public Works, Manuel Pineda, presented traffic background and findings of recent traffic analyses.
Issues raised by City Council:
· Potential height impacts on adjacent neighborhoods
· The need for more commercial activity adjacent to Mathilda
· Potential bike connection from the Peery Park area to the Moffett Park area
· Ways to maintain a diversity of uses in the district
· Transit contributions from property owners
· Golf course enhancements
· Whether the 2010 traffic numbers are "current"
· Understanding the development potential (2.2 million square feet)
· How the district will deal with traffic impacts
· Understanding how Pastoria will function as a signature space
· Jobs vs. Housing
· Methods to ensure we are not completely dependent on the market
· Pedestrian connection from SNAIL neighborhood to San Aleso
· Transportation Demand Management (TDM) measures and shuttle services for the district
· Understanding the concept of screening 4-story buildings behind 3-story buildings.
· How to manage walled communities separated from each other and surrounding area
Mayor Griffith adjourned the meeting at 6:55 p.m.